cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Setting dynamic value in CDS entity lookup field

I am working on a flow where I want to get all records from entity A that match a certain query and copy over specific values into a new record in entity B. The fields that are giving me trouble are lookup fields. In both entities, they are pointing to the same third entity, called Manager. I am using List Records to get my records (working) and Apply to each to step through all matches (working).

Within the Apply to each I am using Create a new record. When I click into the lookup field to add Dynamic content, I can see options for Manager (Type) and Manager (Value).

For both options, I get long error beginning with Resource not found for the segment

Is there a different way I need to look up the value to set in Create a new record?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Setting dynamic value in CDS entity lookup field

I was able to get the field value GUID using Managers (Value). I found a comment in this blog post which said that you need to reference the (plural) schema name of the entity of the field the new record is being created on, not the entity in lookup field. The final value ended up being pre_PluralNameOfEntityB(Manager (Value))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Could you share a picture of your flow?

You need to pass the lookup field the GUID from the entity it belongs to. For example:
For a entity called Managers, the Unique ID field is called Manager.

If you know the name of the manager or any information. You can use a List records on the Managers entity and use filter to get the record you need. Than you will be able to use the dynamic content Manager (the unique Identifier of that record) use that to pass into the create new record for the lookup

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up ?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Resolver II
Resolver II

I was able to get the field value GUID using Managers (Value). I found a comment in this blog post which said that you need to reference the (plural) schema name of the entity of the field the new record is being created on, not the entity in lookup field. The final value ended up being pre_PluralNameOfEntityB(Manager (Value))

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,678)