cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelgeNorvang
Advocate III
Advocate III

Several flows - connected to different Site Collections issue?

Hi,

I work with Flow on a Office365 tenant. The Flows all connect to SharePoint in some form or another (all of them has triggers on files changed in document libraries).

I have two Site Collections (modern Communication Sites) - TEST and PROD. I have developed an approval Flow against TEST and have now exported and imported that flow - imported as new instance with a different name and reconfigured the connections).

For some reason, the newly imported Flow does not fire (yes, I have gone through the actions and updated Site URL for all SharePoint-actions, to point to my PROD Site Collection).
I have also created a couple of really simple Flows (triggers on changes in document library files - in two different document libraries), just to see if they get triggered. They don't.

I find this very strange. Is there something I have missed? Is it not supported to have several flows configured to run against different Site Collections or something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HelgeNorvang,

It seems that you have exported then imported the flow from one SharePoint Site to another. I assume that during reimport, you have changed the Site address and also List name, etc.

I am afraid that you have hit the limitation to re-configure the data sources for the app during import, for example switch from one SharePoint list to another.

Please check this doc at here for more details:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/import-export-bap-packages/

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HelgeNorvang,

It seems that you have exported then imported the flow from one SharePoint Site to another. I assume that during reimport, you have changed the Site address and also List name, etc.

I am afraid that you have hit the limitation to re-configure the data sources for the app during import, for example switch from one SharePoint list to another.

Please check this doc at here for more details:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/import-export-bap-packages/

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I should have closed this thread as I found what was wrong. It had nothing to do with the Flow specifically, it had to do with the owner of the flow didn't have the proper permissions in the new site collection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,244)