cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KED
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint 404 error for both "link to item" and "sharing link"

Trying to create a SharePoint folder and then update a URL datatype field / column in Dataverse / Common Data Service / CDS with the link to that folder. Receiving 404 not found error. 

Tried passing both "link to item" (an output of "Create new folder" SharePoint action) and "sharing link" (an output of "Create sharing link for a file or folder" SharePoint action) to the URL datatype field in Dataverse (below called "Case SharePoint Folder") and getting same error.

KED_0-1619376376111.png

KED_1-1619376421945.png

KED_3-1619376469926.png

Any help appreciated. @abm 👋

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @KED 

Please check manually in Data verse Cases table if the ID that you are trying to update exisit? 

Cross check with the ID that you are passing in to the Power Automate "Update a row action".

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hey Mate @KED

Can you please confirm that the ID is the output of the Create new Folder action?

CFernandes_0-1619377801495.png

If yes, it should create a sharing link for the folder.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

KED
Frequent Visitor

Hi there, thanks for responding, yes, for "create sharing link for a file or folder" action, ID is the output of the "create new folder" action

KED_0-1619381766979.png

The sharing link is created and shows up as an input to the Dataverse "update a row" action. This link works when pasted into the browser, but when it's passed to a Dataverse field it results in the 404 error. 

KED_1-1619382037153.png

Hey @KED 

Please check manually in Data verse Cases table if the ID that you are trying to update exisit? 

Cross check with the ID that you are passing in to the Power Automate "Update a row action".

View solution in original post

abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @KED 

Check the run history and copy the link from the browser and see whether you can access the link or not? Also compare the link from the run history and SharePoint?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
KED
Frequent Visitor

That was it. Was trying to update a "case id" field instead of the Case GUID field. Thank you! 🙏

Hey @KED 

I am glad that your problem has been resolved. 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,295)