cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

SharePoint Delete file with flow for Contributors

I have removed teh "Delete Items" list permission from Contributors in SP.  This has caused any delete action to fail for those user.

I have a need for users with SP authority to be able to delete an item via a MS Flow action.  At this point, I do not know if there is a way for MS flow to take exception to SP authentications and delete an item.  I do not want my users to be able to open up SP directly and delete things.  However, within the confines of Powerapps, and MS Flow actions, there are conditions where I want a delete action to be authroized.  Is there a way to have MS Flow assume the identity of an "owner" or in some other way allow a delete action?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: SharePoint Delete file with flow for Contributors

The Flow should run with the privileges of the flow owner so if the user wants to do a delete from powerapps, they can trigger the flow and if you are the flow owner then flow will use your permissions. I have not been able to find a way for flow to run as "System" - if there is I would love to know Jambo
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: SharePoint Delete file with flow for Contributors

Yes, @Jambo1, That is the problem. I cannot open up users to be able to open up a SP list and delete at will. That is really a security risk. There is no way to block a user from getting into a list view. However, in the context of a powerap, it is easy to limit exposure to potentially damaging actions. So, it is a problem that I have to leave it wide open for one action in a flow. I need a way to override an authority, or to allow a different login option for flows to work under. This is currently a flow for which I see no resolution, except to disallow a delete function in a powerapp, and have notifications go to an individual with privilages to do the delete for them. Its a wait step that should not be necessary.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,760)