cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

SharePoint Email address to use in sending automated emails

Hello,

I created flows in which it sends automatic emails when an item is created. The problem is that, as the owner of the flow, all emails were sent under my user email address. There was a recommendation to create a global account for the entire team and use that to create flows however, I think this is not feasible on our organization since there is an additional cost (I think) in having a new account with Office 365 + SharePoint and Powerapps.

Is there a way to use the email address of the SharePoint that I created in sending these automated emails? If so, can you please assist me on how to do it?

Thank you,

Ana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Sandritto,

Unfortuantely, I don't have a solution as of now. The only way to do it is to triger the flow manually by using "For a selected item". I achieved this on a SharePoint list. I have a button that when I click it, it does lots of things including sending of email. ANd the good news is that, whoever ticked the button, he/she will be the sender of email. Just make sure to include the persons you want to be as a flow owner. There is also a way to include a button in SharePoint Library. I haven't tried it but I'm planning to.

Here is the reference link for the buttons in SharePoint: https://wonderlaura.com/2018/07/18/button-in-sharepoint-list-to-trigger-microsoft-flow/

I tweaked several codes there so I could replace buttons everytime I click a certain button to perform a certain task. My SharePoint list has three buttons, each with different assigned flows that are placed in the same column. After I ticked the first button, the first flow will trigger and once certain conditions are met, it will dissappear and is repalced by the 2nd button which have a different flow until it gets to my third button. (My buttons include Assign, Start, Submit).

Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anabananei,

In the Send an email action, there is a field From (Send as), which means that you could enter an email address to send mail from (requires “Send as” or “send on behalf of” permission for that box).

1.PNG

Please take a try with it to see if it will work for you.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

I tried entering my SharePoint email address and it returns me an error "You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account". So I tried delegating access on that said email but it returns me an error that the user cannot be added. Non-local users cannot be given rights on this server.

What I'd like to achieve is that the emails can be sent by an email address that is more professional such as "Sample SharePoint <no-reply@sharepointonline.com>" rather than using my own account to send an email. Is there any workaround on this? My organization is strict when it comes to security so delegating access to someone is a big no-no.

If you have any thoughts, feel free to post it here.

Thank you,

Ana

Hi Ana,

I'm having exactly the same issue. Did you find any solution?

Thanks you,

Sandro

Hi @Sandritto,

Unfortuantely, I don't have a solution as of now. The only way to do it is to triger the flow manually by using "For a selected item". I achieved this on a SharePoint list. I have a button that when I click it, it does lots of things including sending of email. ANd the good news is that, whoever ticked the button, he/she will be the sender of email. Just make sure to include the persons you want to be as a flow owner. There is also a way to include a button in SharePoint Library. I haven't tried it but I'm planning to.

Here is the reference link for the buttons in SharePoint: https://wonderlaura.com/2018/07/18/button-in-sharepoint-list-to-trigger-microsoft-flow/

I tweaked several codes there so I could replace buttons everytime I click a certain button to perform a certain task. My SharePoint list has three buttons, each with different assigned flows that are placed in the same column. After I ticked the first button, the first flow will trigger and once certain conditions are met, it will dissappear and is repalced by the 2nd button which have a different flow until it gets to my third button. (My buttons include Assign, Start, Submit).

Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Advocate V
Advocate V

@anabananei 

When you use a notification action you receive the mail from Microsoft Flow  account@microsoft.com

Maybe this could be a solution in your case?

mail_notification.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (71,486)