cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Friedrich
Advocate II
Advocate II

SharePoint Forms and MS Flow

Pls advice on how I can use Flow to open the Form of a specific SharePoint List. example my Risk list.

6 REPLIES 6
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Friedrich,

What do you mean by forms in sharepoint list? Can you please take a screenshot for better understanding? To connect a SharePoint list, you just fill the site URL and then pick the list name from the dropdown:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Mona

So what I want to do is when I create a new item. In this case a calendar item. I have an option which is to Notify a person. If the Option "Yes"  is selected It should open a list form As per in the pic.. (PS, I am just using my Task List as and example, I still need to create the Calender list).

I want a form to open which need to be completed and that information to be saved/Stored in the applicable SharePoint List. So in short. I need a trigger to open the form of the list which are to be filled in, and when saved it writes the info to Sharepoint list

Task list form.JPG

Hence when my resource opens my Leave Calender, he/she will click "add" on the Calender. This will opens a Leave form which they will fill in. At the end I have a Yes/No column, where they can select either Yes or No. If they select "No", then no further actions. If they select "Yes" a new Form form from another list needs to be opened that need filling. The information in the new Form will be saved in another list. But I need an action to open a Form from a specific list of at least and Action to open the URL of that form

Not sure if I am clear enough.. Pls advice

Mike2500
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Flows are asyncronous and don't interacct with the UI. This means that after the user adds a calendar item, the flow will run at some point in the future, but not necessarily as they're clicking the save button. So, a flow could run, see that an option was selected, and could send the user an email with a link to a form, but it couldn't take over the user's browser sessions and redirect them to a new page.

This could be done with Javascript with a SharePoint list, or PowerApps.

Thank you

If Understand you correctly, I cannot use Flow to open a URL for me?

Mike2500
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Correct.

You could launch a browser from power apps. You could use flow to add an item to a SharePoint list, including a URL, and then you could use javascript to navigate to that URL when the user visits a particular page. You could send them a notification that they should go to a particular URL. You could email them a URL. You could text them a URL. You could create a task requiring them to go to the URL.

But again, if you add an item to a SharePoint list, the flow happens after the save occurs. So the user could add an item, close their browser, and then the flow could run.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,449)