cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgerety

SharePoint Item Change Trigger Unreliable?

I am in the testing phase of a flow that I plan to use to schedule client demos for a product we've written for SharePoint.  In testing this morning, however, I'm growing increasingly worried about the reliability of the "SharePoint List Item Changed" trigger in Flow.  

I've made numerous updates to a list item and the flow did not execute.  I've attempted stopping and restarting the flow, and updating the item numerous times, but to no effect.

Is there any idea as to why this would happen, or any assurances from the Flow team that this trigger will work as designed?  I can't put a flow into production if I can't be sure it will run effectively.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mgerety,

Do you mean the SharePoint "When an item is created or Modified " trigger?

Per my testing, it works as expected.

66.PNG

If Flow has been saved successfully, it will run when the proper action has been triggered.

Another thing that may have effect on the flow running results should be flow frequency, please check the flow plan page for more information:

Flow plans

Some more reading:

Limits and configuration in Microsoft Flow

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

FWIW, we just experienced a situation yesterday afternoon where a flow failed to trigger. There was no log entry and no action occured. We can't find any way to determine there was a failure to launch the flow.

Our flow trigger is receipt of an email with attachments and a particular subject keyword. As far as I can tell, there's no way to tell why the flow failed to be triggered and no way to re-try one that never fired in the first place. 

--Bryan

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,704)