cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlengacher
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint List Custom Action Flows No Longer Showing for a Selected Item

I have three SharePoint lists with instant flows to run a Custom Action for a selected item. Normal behavior is to select an item, right-click, hover over Automate (or click Automate above the list), wait a moment, and the custom action flow options appear. Yesterday afternoon, some no longer showed up. None of the flows were edited yesterday or today.

• List 1: Normally there are 4 custom action flows for a selected item, now only 3 are showing.
  • List 2: Normally there is 1 custom action flow for a selected item, now 0 are showing.
  • List 3: Normally there are 5 custom action flows for a selected item, now only 1 is showing.

The right-click menu for a selected list item does not show all associated custom actions in the Automate section.The right-click menu for a selected list item does not show all associated custom actions in the Automate section.

5 REPLIES 5
jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@rlengacher if the flows where not changed then probably someone change the user permissions on the list. You need Edit/Contribute permissions to trigger flows for selected item.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@jinivthakkar None of the permissions were edited on the list, so there may be an issue with my Microsoft 365 user information for the main connections on the flow (which I can't change).

I was able to work around this issue by giving run-only permission to the SharePoint list associated with each flow. I don't like that approach because different users on the same list need to see different options, but our team is small, so it won't be a big deal.

jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@rlengacher run-only permissions is the last resort, great if that works for you.

@jinivthakkar Could you point me to a thread or resource to that clarifies your comment "run-only permissions is the last resort"? I'm not sure if the last resort is assigning individual users as run-only users or assigning the run-only permission to the whole list.  I haven't marked my work around as a solution because I still don't know why some but not all of the flows randomly stopped showing.

jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@rlengacher there are only two things to check: 1. User permissions on list.   2. run only permissions.

thats what I was trying to say, there is no documentation or reference link. Hope you understand.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,095)