Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RodrigoF
Level: Powered On

SharePoint List Triggers Roadmap

Hey 

Does anyone know if there are any plans for triggers based on a specific column in a SharePoint list changing?  I know there is a trigger for when the list changes but I don't see if there is a way to tell which column changed.  Any insights into this?

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint List Triggers Roadmap

Hi @ RodrigoF,

What do you want the flow to achieve when a specific column in a SharePoint list is changed?

To trigger a flow  when a specific column in a SharePoint list is changed is not supported in Microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

However, if would like to create a flow based on a specific column in a SharePoint list is changed, as an alternative way, you could add a column in the list and this column would record whether the specific column is changed.

I have created a sharepoint list as below:

1.png

The column “my manager” and “my colleage” are both “Single line of text” type,

the column “ “my manager” is changed ” is a “Yes/No” type, the Default value of this field is “No”.

Note: If someone have modified the column “my manager”, he should modify the column “ “my manager” is changed ” to “Yes” at the same time. If someone have modified the column “my colleague”, he should make the column “ “my manager” is changed ” to “No” at the same time.

If I want the flow to send an email if the “my manager” column of the list is changed , I could create a flow as screenshots below:

2.png

When an item is modified (the column “my manager” is modified ) in the list, , the flow would run successfully as below and would send the email:

3.png

When an item is modified (the column “my colleague” is modified and the column “my manager” is not modified) in the list, the flow would run successfully as below and would not send the email:

4.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint List Triggers Roadmap

Hi @ RodrigoF,

What do you want the flow to achieve when a specific column in a SharePoint list is changed?

To trigger a flow  when a specific column in a SharePoint list is changed is not supported in Microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

However, if would like to create a flow based on a specific column in a SharePoint list is changed, as an alternative way, you could add a column in the list and this column would record whether the specific column is changed.

I have created a sharepoint list as below:

1.png

The column “my manager” and “my colleage” are both “Single line of text” type,

the column “ “my manager” is changed ” is a “Yes/No” type, the Default value of this field is “No”.

Note: If someone have modified the column “my manager”, he should modify the column “ “my manager” is changed ” to “Yes” at the same time. If someone have modified the column “my colleague”, he should make the column “ “my manager” is changed ” to “No” at the same time.

If I want the flow to send an email if the “my manager” column of the list is changed , I could create a flow as screenshots below:

2.png

When an item is modified (the column “my manager” is modified ) in the list, , the flow would run successfully as below and would send the email:

3.png

When an item is modified (the column “my colleague” is modified and the column “my manager” is not modified) in the list, the flow would run successfully as below and would not send the email:

4.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 178 members 4,970 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: