cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SharePoint List as HTML table

Is it possible, when a new item is created in a sharepoint list, that an email could be generated and sent contain an HTML view of the sharepoint list?

14 REPLIES 14
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, that is possible.

Please check and see if the following blog would help:

Build flows with HTML Tables, CSVs, and other new features like OCR and image content detection

The flow should be in the following format:

87.PNG

Use the Get items value dynamic content as the Create HTML table Input.

Then add the Send an Email action, make sure the Is HTML have been selected to Yes:

88.PNG

If you have any further questions, please post back.

Regards

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, but I the email was received in this weird format.

htmlerror_flow.jpg

Hi @Anonymous,

That should be related with the lookup fields.

Those fields would show in record type(which contains multiple elements) when connecting with microsoft Flow.

If the HTML format in Email action not looks in a friendly way, then please consider switch to Notifications->Send Email notification:

1.PNG

Using the Notification Action should have the Title shown in a proper way.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Did you ever figure out how to format these results at all or limit the number of columns that come back?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried this too and I got a similar format.

htmlerror_flow.jpg

Is there an example somewhere that displays a successful HTML table? What does one look like? Is this possible?

@Anonymous

I have reproduced the formatting problems you got no matter I invoke "Send me an email notification" or "Send an email". The only difference in my case is that HTML Table source comes from "Excel Get Rows".

Workarounds to remove the following internal columns are welcome

"@odata.etag"

"ItemInternalId"

"__PowerAppsId__"

I tried "Join" action as a workaround, but the internal columns listed above are still displayed.

BR

I found this thread in the forum

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Sharepoint-List-to-Html-Table-in-Send-email/m-p/3...

The recommendation is to use Select action under "data operations"

I also managed to figure out how to use Select action after an Excel "Get Rows". Select usage discussion can be found here

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/How-can-I-set-quot-Maps-quot-parameter-o...

Anonymous
Not applicable

html.png

Same situation, just different flow. Is there HTML code that I can add within the Send me an email notification action that will create a nice table in the Body?

the create HTML table output works well in the send email notification; I've just tried it...What do you get ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

table.png

What I would like to have is a nice table with borders for each row of data. And it would be nice not having any of the columns word wrapping like my Semester field is doing.

I did but some formatting when using the Create HTML table.

Here is one of my tweet :

https://twitter.com/sergeluca/status/1031256281334603776

you can use flow/logic apps expressions in the column mapping definitions

Kind regards

Serge Luca

aka Doctor Flow

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks great! Would you have the HTML you used to format the table?

Here you are an example with borders

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/intermediate-flow-of-the-week-using-try-catch-to-build-robust-...

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Great!!...i faced the same issue then i used Select action then it worked like a magic...Thank You..

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,960)