cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VickyB
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint Lookup Columns not available in power app

Hi, my SharePoint list contains lookup columns, however these columns are not visible when I connect the list to my form in Power Apps.  Is there something in the list that I need to change? 

4 REPLIES 4
UdayAdhikari
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @VickyB - I refer to thread below in Power Apps forum for answers to your question. I have stopped using lookup columns in SP as mentioned in the discussion, you may want to consider that.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/SharePoint-lookup-column-with-powerapps/m-p/...

Thanks

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @UdayAdhikari , thank you for your response.  I failed to advise that I'm trying to display lookup columns within a gallery.

I have a list called Cohorts that contains a lookup column called Stakeholders (refers to list called Stakeholder names), I've inserted a gallery and connected my data source, being the list called Cohorts.  The column called Stakeholders does not appear when I go to select or change my fields to display.  

does that explain things better?

UdayAdhikari
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@VickyB - appreciate the additional details. Shane Young has a YouTube video covering your exact question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43ekj5MlNJU

Give this a try and let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @VickyB lookup columns are supported in SharePoint, but Power Apps struggles when you have a lookup field which allows multiple selections. In a single selection scenario, the lookup field will appear in your list of fields quite happily. But when you have multi select it returns the data differently, it returns a table of data rather than just a single record.

In my example, my lookup column is called "Test" (imaginitive I know!). So if I have a gallery pushing out the main data in my list, I need a gallery inside that which is going to show the items from my lookup field. You won't be able to use the data source selector for the data source, but you can select the "Items" property, and type in ThisItem.<your field name> e.g. ThisItem.Test. Once you have wired up the gallery, you can then add your controls (labels etc) and then use your field selector as normal. You'll have the option of ID and Value.

MattWeston365_0-1597219333922.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,844)