cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint -- MS Flow creation for acknowledgement (3 Folder in which each folder consists of 10 different sub folders)

Hi Team/ @rsaikrishna  🙂

Scenario: I have 3 folders in document library on SharePoint online (lets say A, B, C) and under each folder I have 10 sub folders

(Eg: under folder A we have A1,A2.....A10 and same for folder B and C)

I have to create a recurrence flow with scheduled run once in 2 months, which will just for acknowledgement from me and my leader that the files uploaded are correct in each sub folders, but the problem which I am facing is the sub folders belongs to different person with different leader.

Eg: There are 10 sub folders under Folder A out of which 3 should come to me and my leader for acknowledgment and other sub folder goes to the one it belongs to and same applies for the sub folders which are in Folder B and C. 

Please do help me if you have any example flow for this situation, it will be a great help.

Note: I am trying if it can be possible in a single flow instead of making multiple flow for sub-folders.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: SharePoint -- MS Flow creation for acknowledgement (3 Folder in which each folder consists of 10 different sub folders)

@rahul_sinha12 

Created the sample as below:

List configuration:

1.JPG

Two Flows:

Flow 1: Scheduled to run quarterly once and updates the flow Trigger to Yes.

2.JPG

Flow 2: Sends approval tasks to User and his manager in a sequential order.

3.JPG

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: SharePoint -- MS Flow creation for acknowledgement (3 Folder in which each folder consists of 10 different sub folders)

Hi @rahul_sinha12 

I think you can achieve with a single flow. Try to do the steps in the flow.

1. Create a recurrence flow

2. Create an array with all the root folders like A,B & C.

3. Use the action 'Apply to each' on the above defined array and then inside the action add the below.

3. Use the action 'Get files (properties only)' action, which can be configured to the library and the folder from the array and can be configured to look for the sub-folders.

4. Use the action 'Apply to each' and then try to implement your logic like checking the files, leader and etc. 

Try it out, let us know if you have any issues. We are always there to support the community.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks a lot @sudharsan1985 for your response. I am too new in this tool and this supporting forum too. 🙂

I am not able to get the third point on how to proceed with that, Could you please help me by letting me know the example flow on how to do it if you have (if possible).

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@rahul_sinha12 

Created the sample as below:

List configuration:

1.JPG

Two Flows:

Flow 1: Scheduled to run quarterly once and updates the flow Trigger to Yes.

2.JPG

Flow 2: Sends approval tasks to User and his manager in a sequential order.

3.JPG

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,679)