cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andjelamiha97
Helper I
Helper I

SharePoint Show-Hide Conditional Formula

Hi everyone. I am trying to conditionally show-hide a field on SharePoint form. Basically, I want the field called 'Manager', type single line of text to show only when 'Workfront' is chosen from a choice field called 'System'. 

The column 'System' has only 2 choices - Workfront and NAV. 

=if([$System] == 'Workfront', 'true', 'false') - this is what I have tried and it is not working.

The weird thing here is that when i try it with other columns, it works, but for these it does not work. When i input the formula and save it, it hides the field Manager, but once Workfront is chosen, nothing happens. Would anyone know why the conditional formula works for some columns and for some not? And all these formulas are a part of the same form.

3 REPLIES 3
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@andjelamiha97  Though this question is not related to PA community but i have tried and its working fine.

Hardesh15_0-1663914178260.png

Must be cache issue at your end.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Thank you for taking the time to test that for me. And some of the columns/fields still work fine, but the newly created columns does not work. How can i clear the cache if that is the issue? @Hardesh15 

@andjelamiha97  Whenever you edit columns it takes sometime to auto refresh. You need to refresh your tab or test with new tab.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,950)