cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Shared Mailbox Flow not working

In Microsoft Flow, when i tried using the action 'When a new email arrives in a Shared Mail box', it throws an error 'The requested user is invalid'

I have created it as Shared mail box and assign Full permission to the user who is triggering that Flow. Any resolutions ?

1.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Shared Mailbox Flow not working

After Saving the Flow, I have started receiving this error:

2.jpg

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I'm getting the same error on a Flow that was working yesterday. It appeared to fail about 3-4 hours ago even though nothing triggered it at that point. I deleted the Flow and rebuilt since it was simple, same error.

Highlighted

I am in the same boat.  All was working before this!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GirishUppal,

I will try to reproduce this issue. I will notice you the result. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GirishUppal,

I just tested with a shared mailbox in my o365 and I got the same error when trying to pick up the subfolders.

2.PNG

So I left it with the "Inbox" by default, and after I save it, the flow runs successfully.

0.PNG

Can you please try to use the Inbox as the folder and test if this works?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

I fixed several of the flows by updating the user and granting full permissions to the mailbox (also removed the ";" after the mailbox name.  All are working except one now.  It is in the inbox already, The permissions took more than 8 hours to take effect, so I wasn't sure this worked until this morning.  Thank you!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Wow! What a little thing to break things. When adding the email address, the page automatically adds a semi-colon ';' to the end of the email address. When you attempt to change the Folder, you get the error in the screenshot.

Manually delete the semi-colon ';' and then attempt to click Folder. Now it works!

I tested the Flow completely after removing the semi-colon ';' and that fixed it.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Today morning i saw flow working correctly without any changes done.

I guess, it might be because of provisioning time required for Shared Mailbox.

Earlier, i created a normal user mailbox with same user name. Then i went on to delete that and create a Shared Mailbox with same username.

Something might have triggered wrong in the chain. Thanks guys for all the suggestions. Really appreciated !!!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks after removing the ';' semicolon i was able to get the folder list and select the correct folder.

Highlighted

A wise person always said... "You do not need to know everything in this world, you only need to ask what you don't know"

as simple as removing the "automatic" semi-colon fixed the flow, It was driving me crazy, as we created about 10 different flows and all got stuck on status 202/404. Finally is working

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks ! the ; trick worked for me

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue, I have removed the ";" but still receive the 404 error. We are in a hybrid scenerio with AD syncing to O365.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Ignore my question, I made a mistake of connecting an account that did not have access to the shared mailbox.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,042)