Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prathyoo
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint - Delete only sharing link

Hi,

We have a Sharepoint library and we have run a power automate flow to create shareable link (Can View) and to store this link in a custom field in the document library. This link provides access to the document for anyone in the organization. We use these links in a Power BI report. Apart from the shareable link, the document library also has individual users with Can Edit as well as Can View access.

The Power BI dataset is used by a small subset of users. We would like to expire the shareable links and regenerate new links before every dataset refresh. This way, we would like to prevent users from circulating files with links to the documents to a larger community as the links would not be accessible after 6 hrs (the interval of dataset refresh).

But, we noticed that even though there is an action to create shareable links, there is no corresponding action to delete the link like the option from the UI -

prathyoo_0-1669489866929.png

We do not want to use the action to Stop Sharing as this removes individual users with direct access to the documents. Is there any other _api call that can be used to solve our issue?

1 REPLY 1
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hey @prathyoo 

Please find more details at - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/1060432/api-sharepoint-to-remove-user-from-share... 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,408)