cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
CSteinhilber
New Member

Sharepoint File Copy (in cloud flow) Not Returning Outputs

I have created a Cloud flow that uses the standard Sharepoint action to copy an Excel file from one Sharepoint site to another.

The action executes successfully, and the file shows up in the destination Sharepoint site, but none of the traditional outputs (Path, Name, DisplayName, etc) from the action are filled with any data after the copy has been successful. This makes it impossible to determine the name of the resulting file that was copied if, say, the "Copy with New Name" option is set in the action

 

Is this expected behavior? Is there any know workaround? I currently have one flow that copies the file, and a second flow that watches the destination directory for any new files in order to recognize the new filename, but that seems wildly inefficient. I'd much rather be able to do everything in a single flow.

 

Screenshot of set up. The file info in the email sent is completely blank.
Screenshot of flow set up. The file info in the email sent in the second action is completely blank, even though I chose the outputs directly from Dynamic Content.Screenshot of flow set up. The file info in the email sent in the second action is completely blank, even though I chose the outputs directly from Dynamic Content.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SudeepGhatakNZ
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The reason I ask is because my Status Code = 200.

From the screenshot you shared the Status Code seems to be 202.

The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 202 Accepted response status code indicates that the request has been accepted for processing, but the processing has not been completed; in fact, processing may not have started yet.

 

If my suggestion helped you, please give it a Thumbs up and mark it as a Solution so that it can benefit others in the community.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SudeepGhatakNZ
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@CSteinhilber ,

 

Are you sure you are referencing the right fields in your email?

I use copy file all the time, never faced such issue.

I will try to test it with "Copy with New Name" option set and let you know how it goes.

If my suggestion helped you, please give it a Thumbs up and mark it as a Solution so that it can benefit others in the community.
SudeepGhatakNZ
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Just tested. It works as expected.

 

SudeepGhatakNZ_3-1669235378164.png

 

 

SudeepGhatakNZ_0-1669235327032.png

 

If my suggestion helped you, please give it a Thumbs up and mark it as a Solution so that it can benefit others in the community.

Interesting. I get no outputs at all, even in the raw response.

 

sharepoint_copy_result_01.png

 

sharepoint_copy_result_02.png

SudeepGhatakNZ
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Is the file getting copied in your destination folder? Or is that failing as well?

 

 

If my suggestion helped you, please give it a Thumbs up and mark it as a Solution so that it can benefit others in the community.

Nope, as I said in my original post, the file copies successfully, and appears in the destination folder in the appropriate Sharepoint site/group.

 

The second flow that is currently watching that folder for new files fires off just fine once the file has been copied.

SudeepGhatakNZ
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The reason I ask is because my Status Code = 200.

From the screenshot you shared the Status Code seems to be 202.

The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 202 Accepted response status code indicates that the request has been accepted for processing, but the processing has not been completed; in fact, processing may not have started yet.

 

If my suggestion helped you, please give it a Thumbs up and mark it as a Solution so that it can benefit others in the community.


@SudeepGhatakNZ wrote:

From the screenshot you shared the Status Code seems to be 202.

Which I would only expect to see if the Copy's "Asynchronous Pattern" setting was turned on. It was turned off. But on a lark, I turned it on, and now I'm getting the outputs.

 

This seems backwards. But, it's working, now, thank you. I'll mark your answer as a "solution", since it led me in the right direction.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (8,780)