Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhiran
Helper III
Helper III

Sharepoint Folder Metadata

Hi,

I have a document library which contains a column called customer (Single Line Text Field). I have Folder in there and apply a value of "Customer A" to the metadata of that folder. I have flow that gets the properties of this folder but cannot find in the output the Customer metadata column. 

Is there a way to get the metadata column of the folder?

Dhiran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Dhiran 

You are looking for the step "get file properties".

DamoBird365_0-1614794446401.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/sharepointonline/#get-file-properties

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Dhiran 

You are looking for the step "get file properties".

DamoBird365_0-1614794446401.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/sharepointonline/#get-file-properties

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

View solution in original post

It looks like the original question was about moving folders with metadata, not files.  There is a Get Folder Metadata action step and this is what I've been working with to try and copy folders from one doc library to another preserving the metadata.  So far, I have not been successful.

get-folder-metadata.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (81,797)