cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Franklin_vaz
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint - Get attachment name and content from For a Selected Item action

Hello Fellows,

I am trying to initiate an email from a sharepoint item (Trigger action: For a selected item). In the background i am using Message ID to get my reply to email. My email is composed and ready to send.

But my goal is to get a manual attachment within For a selected item action and attached it to the composed email. This scenario is new to me. How do i use the attachment content in my composed email?

manualFlowAttachment.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Franklin_vaz please see this, convert contentBytes to string from attachment using variable action

jinivthakkar_0-1614862013963.png

get file name using expression : triggerBody()['file']['name']

and assign attachment content from variable

jinivthakkar_1-1614862105110.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jinivthakkar
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Franklin_vaz please see this, convert contentBytes to string from attachment using variable action

jinivthakkar_0-1614862013963.png

get file name using expression : triggerBody()['file']['name']

and assign attachment content from variable

jinivthakkar_1-1614862105110.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (76,244)