cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint Items and Approvals as Another User

I have read the information in this entry: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Sharepoint-Items-and-Approvals-as-Another-User/m-... and I have set up my flow accordingly, here is the issue my flows are failing with the following message: "You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account."  I understand the reason for this, however, I am not at all willing to give everyone in my organization "Send As" permission to my account if I am reading the error correctly.  Or do I have to give myself "Send as" permissions to all employees?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@jatherton :

In order to use the "send as" feature of the Office 365 Outlook Send an email action, you must have been granted "send as"  permission by that specified user.  So if you want to send an email as User A, User A must have granted you send as permissions.  So,  you may need to have "send as" permissions granted to you by all employees - probably not practical.

As an alternative, you might consider using a shared mailbox and using the Send an email from a shared mailbox action.  At least the email won't be send as you.

Another alternative is to use Send an Email notification action action.  Emails sent from this action will be send from "PowerApps or Flow.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

@jatherton :

In order to use the "send as" feature of the Office 365 Outlook Send an email action, you must have been granted "send as"  permission by that specified user.  So if you want to send an email as User A, User A must have granted you send as permissions.  So,  you may need to have "send as" permissions granted to you by all employees - probably not practical.

As an alternative, you might consider using a shared mailbox and using the Send an email from a shared mailbox action.  At least the email won't be send as you.

Another alternative is to use Send an Email notification action action.  Emails sent from this action will be send from "PowerApps or Flow.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jatherton ,

For your scenario, you may consider sending emails using a shared mailbox or using the action Send an email notification as @ScottShearer  suggested.

Please take a try with it and feel free post back if you need more help.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (78,864)