cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niamhks
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint List and Dynamics 365

Hi Everyone, 

I'm wondering if anyone can help me? I am using a sharepoint list to log Internal IT Requests within our company and as we are growing I am now using a case entity in dynamics 365. However to reduce need for user adoption, I am looking at using Microsoft Flow to produce a record in the CRM when a new item is created on the list. 

My issue lies with using the Sharepoint 'Created By' field to fill a 'Created By' field in the CRM. I am sure the issue lies in some data type conflict but any help or solutions would be GREATLY appreciated at this point. I am very frustrated by the whole thing! 

Thanks in advance

Niamh 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint List and Dynamics 365

Hi niamhks,

I assume that you are using the trigger “SharePoint – When an item is created” and the action “Dynamics 365 – Create a new record” in your flow.

When using the action “Create a new record”, seems that there is no field for “Created by”. Is it a custom field created by you? What’s the data type of it?

I also created another flow to get the return value of “Created by” using the trigger “Dynamics 365 – When a record is created”. The return value of this field is “943a7da8-bb06-41ed-a8b2-3decfe87716e”. While the return value SharePoint “Created By” is either a display name or email address. In this case, a conflict would happen.

Please try to create a custom field “Created By” with Text type in Dynamics 365, then fill SharePoint Created By to this filed to see if it will work.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
anhthuch4ng
Level 8

Hi @niamhks,

Have you had a chance to apply @v-yamao-msft's suggestions to adpat your Flow?

If yes and you have found that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and mark this thread as "Solved". 🙂

Happy Flowing,

-AT

niamhks
Level: Powered On

Hi, 

In the end I created a plug in to fill the field on create. 

Thanks for the help though. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 183 members 5,602 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: