cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DomMB001
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint List creation

Hi,

I'm trying to create a scheduled flow. I want it to pull a table from an Excel file and create a Sharepoint List with all the rows. When the next schedule is due it should only load NEW data. Any help would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Sharepoint List creation

@DomMB001 there's no action to create a list in SharePoint unless you use the paid-for Plumsail SP action. Without that you would need to have the list already created and then use the SharePoint create a new item action.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

DomMB001

@RobElliott sorry I meant "Create Item" I have the SP list already created. I want to be able to populate the list with new data daily so avoid uploading duplicates.

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @DomMB001 

Currently there is no way to identify the last modified or latest created row in Excel. To do this you can either add an extra column that stores the information of created/ modified time stamp and then based on the recurrence trigger, add filters to filter the latest data and create items in the SP list with that. 

One other way to do this would be keep deleting the rows from excel as soon as they are added in the SP list. Something like -> list excel rows, apply to each, create a new item, delete the current row. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

DomMB001

Thanks, do you have a sample flow that I could see perhaps? @yashag2255 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (6,053)