Did you mean: 
tested1
Helper V
Helper V

Sharepoint/Microsoft Flow authorisation request

Hello!

I need to create an authorisation request where:

1) Users create a new item and fill in information on a SharePoint List

2) This starts a request for Requester 1 (E.g. IT Team)

3) If requester 1 says yes, then it moves on to Requester 2 (Manager). If No, it will email the user who created the request saying why/no

4) If requester 2 (Manager) says yes then for now authorisation will be granted and the user gets an email. If no user is also emailed. 

Please would it be possible to check if my flow and method is the most effective and best way possible? I will attach screenshots 🙂 

User fills in request form in SharePointUser fills in request form in SharePointStep 1: Start of Flow. Approver 1Step 1: Start of Flow. Approver 1Step 2 in flow: If yes, send to approver 2Step 2 in flow: If yes, send to approver 2Step 3: If approver 2 yes, send email to user who created requestStep 3: If approver 2 yes, send email to user who created request

26 REPLIES 26

you can update the value of Approved column to Yes after item is approved u can use condition for this purpose.

Capture.JPG

Flow will automatically waits untill its not get the response. so you can update value with respect to response of approval.

thanks.

Harry_G

@Harry_G  @dogemaster

Cheers. 

When a user clicks 'Create new item' on the SharePoint List. It seems they could change the Approved and Status default values to anything.. So if approved says No they could just enter Yes

Is there a way to stop this or a better way to manager this? It would be great if Users could not edit the default values. Maybe the Approved column could only appear after a new item is created? Is that possible

Or is this permission based?

Please see pic below. 

approv 2.png

you can hide the Approved field by following  steps.

- Go to List setting -> Advance settings -> Allow Management of content types ->yes

- Go back to list setting -> click on your content type -> click on desired field (Approved)->select hidden option.->save

Thanks,

Harry_G

@Harry_G

The Content Types section is blank in list settings? It says 'Add from existing site content types', 'Chane new button order and default content type'

And then under that is all my Columns (Approved etc)

sorry @tested1 i think it is not possible in sharepoint default form. you have to use some scripting to achieved disabled field functionality or you can use Powerapp forms, so you can disabled the Approved field.

Thanks,

Harry_G

can you please share screen shot here is my screen shot 

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Harry_G

View solution in original post

Hi @Harry_G

I just re-read your solution and tried it. Didnt know you could click on item haha

It works! The Approval field is hidden when you click create new item. Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (70,817)