I need to create an authorisation request where:
1) Users create a new item and fill in information on a SharePoint List
2) This starts a request for Requester 1 (E.g. IT Team)
3) If requester 1 says yes, then it moves on to Requester 2 (Manager). If No, it will email the user who created the request saying why/no
4) If requester 2 (Manager) says yes then for now authorisation will be granted and the user gets an email. If no user is also emailed.
Please would it be possible to check if my flow and method is the most effective and best way possible? I will attach screenshots 🙂
Solved! Go to Solution.
you can update the value of Approved column to Yes after item is approved u can use condition for this purpose.
Flow will automatically waits untill its not get the response. so you can update value with respect to response of approval.
When a user clicks 'Create new item' on the SharePoint List. It seems they could change the Approved and Status default values to anything.. So if approved says No they could just enter Yes
Is there a way to stop this or a better way to manager this? It would be great if Users could not edit the default values. Maybe the Approved column could only appear after a new item is created? Is that possible
Or is this permission based?
Please see pic below.
you can hide the Approved field by following steps.
- Go to List setting -> Advance settings -> Allow Management of content types ->yes
- Go back to list setting -> click on your content type -> click on desired field (Approved)->select hidden option.->save
The Content Types section is blank in list settings? It says 'Add from existing site content types', 'Chane new button order and default content type'
And then under that is all my Columns (Approved etc)
sorry @tested1 i think it is not possible in sharepoint default form. you have to use some scripting to achieved disabled field functionality or you can use Powerapp forms, so you can disabled the Approved field.
I just re-read your solution and tried it. Didnt know you could click on item haha
It works! The Approval field is hidden when you click create new item. Thank you
Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group
On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks
Check out how to claim yours today!