cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koh

Sharepoint User Access to Specific Items in List

Hi Guys,

Would appreciate help here. 

I have Many items in a list in sharepoint and i would like the members of the sharepoint group to be able to view and edit their own items only. 

I have a column with their respective display names. Am i able to use a ifelse logic to filter the view & edit access in sharepoint online, or is there a workaround solution for this?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
zernun
Regular Visitor

I've done this successfully with folders. I think you could do same by doing this:
1. Make manually triggering flow for your specific list.

2. add "apply to each" action 

1. get metadata for current item
2. send http request following my example:  

_api/Web/GetFolderByServerRelativeURL('@{outputs('Получение_метаданных_папки_с_помощью_пути')?['body/Path']}')/ListItemAllFields/breakroleinheritance(copyRoleAssignments=false,clearSubscopes=true)

dont forget to change your method to "post". this request deleting all permissions for my folder using path i've get from metadata. You should change command after "/web/xxxxx" to "GetListItemUsingPath" or any other you want. In the brackets put data you gained from metadata. 

3. Give access to element. Use ID from author's email from metadata to give to creator of item access.

That All. If I did then you also could do this. Hope helpfull.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,266)