cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint "Copy Folder" step not copying the entire document library

I've configured a step to copy my SharePoint "Shared Documents" library folder to a backup subfolder in a library on a different site. The step was successful when I tested it on a subfolder within the library I want to copy, which only contained one file. However, when I changed it to copy the entire "Shared Documents" library folder, it started failing with the error "Source or Destination likely invalid. Check that the file exists and has an SPListItem."

Changing the "If another folder is already there" option does not help. The library has about 4,000 files.

Can you tell me whether Flow has the capability to copy the entire document library to another site's library? If so, any ideas on why it might not be working in my case?

4 REPLIES 4
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I suggest you copy the entire document library to another site's library directly using the functionality of SharePoint itself.

Since there are a lot of files in the Library, if you use the Copy folder, we can't avoid the problem of time out or the number of files exceeding the limit.

Please check this link and see if it helps:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/857b5446-2a0b-415a-86f9-caaf310cace5/copy-document-library-to-different-site-collection?forum=sharepointadminlegacy

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-bacao-msft,

Thank you for your reply. However, this would not accomplish my purpose. I'm not going for a one-time copy, but rather an automated weekly backup. Timeout isn't the problem as the flow fails instantly when it hits that step. Is there a limit to how many files can be copied? What is that limit?

Kaden

There are alot of these issues with no resolution.  All of us get the same issue months and years later.

Is it not possible to copy a documentation library folder (and subfolders and files) from one library to another?

If not, what is the purpose of the Copy Folder Sharepoint action?  It doesn't appear to work for anyone!

AdamGriffin

I've found that copying the document folder causes this failure. However, if you move all the document folder contents into an another folder in document folder, and copying that folder instead of the document folder, it works as expected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,813)