cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larryh

Sharepoint to FTP

Hi folks

First post here!  Am messing about with Flow trying to copy new files created on a Sharepoint site to an FTP folder.  I'm using a public test FTP folder for now.  I can't get the 'FTP - Copy file' feature to work - only the 'FTP - Create file'.  I've used the same FTP creds on both actions to confirm the FTP creds are correct.   Any ideas?

Flow FTP Error1.GIFFlow FTP Error2.GIF

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi larryh,

About FTP server 403 error, I have seen a blog about it, please see this link:
https://www.helpdesksoftware.biz/403-forbidden-error/

From this blog, it says that if you’re seeing a 403 Forbidden error, there are two possible causes. It could be due to a deliberate restriction of that particular resource – for example, removal of file permission, or restriction of access based on the IP address of the user. The second possible cause is accidental misconfiguration of the webserver such as Apache or IIS.’

Hope this blog could be a reference for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SJNBham
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @larryh,

Not sure if this is related to your issue, but we had problems using the Copy file as well. Our problem was the FTP Copy file action wanted access to a file that didn't require authorization. It returned 403 Forbidden when trying this method.

SJNBham_1-1650648855086.png

To get around this, we just used the FTP Create file action instead and fed it the content from the file that triggers the workflow by using a Get file content and piping that into the File content field.

SJNBham_0-1650648714151.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (4,311)