cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annetoal
Helper V
Helper V

Sharing Flow with SharePoint users

I have a Flow that I shared to a SharePoint library as a run-only user. Users who are in the Visitors group for that library cannot see the Flow in their Power Automate menu. If I move the user to the Members group, he can see the flow. Is there a way for a user in the Visitors group to be given access to Flows that have been shared with the library.

Thank you,

Anne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@annetoal 

The short answer is no - users must have permission that allow for them to edit items otherwise they won't see the Flow as available to them from within SharePoint.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@annetoal 

The short answer is no - users must have permission that allow for them to edit items otherwise they won't see the Flow as available to them from within SharePoint.

Scott

View solution in original post

Thanks for the speedy response. Follow-on question: can there exist a configuration that permits people to see a Flow on the Power Automate menu, and also prohibits them from editing the columns (adding, deleting, changing) in the library? If so, would you please describe it in detail?

Thanks,

Anne

@annetoal 

Unfortunately no - sorry.....

Can you tell me what your trying to accomplish?  Maybe I can suggest an alternative solution.

Scott

Thanks. I want to allow users to contribute files to a library. Once uploaded, they need to run a request sign-off Flow to get approval for the file. Later, they need to be able to edit those files. But they must not add, delete, or change the columns in the library. This is a library created around 2014, it is not a Modern site.

Anne

@annetoal 

Let me suggest a couple of options.

You might consider the in-place records management feature available in SharePoint.  Allow your users to upload edit etc.  After the document has been approved you can declare it as a record - this can be done with Flow.  Once it is a record it cannot be edited or deleted regardless of your permissions.

Another option is to use a second library.  Allow your users edit permissions there.  Once the document is approved, move it to the primary library using Flow.  The primary library can be locked down so that your users cannot edit, delete, etc..

Finally, if you want to use a "for a selected document" Flow, you'll need to be using the modern interface.

Scott

Thanks for the additional information. The records management route isn't an option for this library. Making a second library had never occurred to me, I'll have to give that some additional thought. You're right, the Modern interface is what we have on that library. The top level page is Classic, and I wasn't clear when I said the site was not Modern. Thanks for your time and effort, I guess I'm still looking.

Anne

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,884)