cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cathornton12312
Regular Visitor

Sharing Flows getting error "There was an error while updating the users"

Hi everyone,

A ex colleague created a flow but he didn't share with anyone before he left. We are trying to get ownship of the flow and we found a way to do it through Flow admin center https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/

We go to resources->the environment -> the flow ->share ->add user->save

However, as we save, it gives an error "There was an error while updating the users.

My account has System Administrator access. Do I still need some extra permissions somewhere? Please help. Thanks. 

Capture.PNG

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
LTishev44
Frequent Visitor

Hi @cathornton12312 ,

I know that, this post is old, but I am wondering if you've achieved successful sharing the flow, because I have the same problem 😕 

Regards,

Mr_Bello

Same problem here. Anyone has any idea?

Hope this helps someone. I bang around the web for quite some time until finally found why I was having this issue.

The flows I showed as 'orphan' with no owner and unable to reassign ownership ended up being 'Solution-Aware' flows created by a previous developer in the company.

These are part of the Dynamics CRM / Dataverse solution and are not updateable, or modify-able via the traditional flow management front -end . You must edit the solution via the new solution customization tool (the 'new experience') under make.powerapps.com/environments/...yourenvironment.../solution. DONT f go to make.powerapps.com and select Flows on the left side (that's too intuitive for MS) ... instead go to the solutions; select your solution  and search for objects of type 'cloud flow'. Whoala, found my two orphan flows there and I could edit, assign ownership and all the regular maintenance functions I expected. - hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,981)