cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isaac1
Helper II
Helper II

Sharing a Flow (adding an Owner) moves the Flow OUT of "MY Flows"

So, I'm seeing a behavior that seems undesirable and unexpected, counter-intuitive.

I've developed a couple Flows, and if I click Share....and then add another person as an Owner, the Flow disappears from My Flows main page listing, and only appears under My Flows > Shared With Me.  Why?  This Flow didn't magically change to be somebody else's primarily and then Shared with me - it's still Mine primarily, and shared with someone else!

This seems awfully weird way for the interface to be set up.  Is it normal?  Is there any thing I'm missing here?

My only intention/desire is to ensure that more persons than just myself have access to administer/develop/maintain my Flows.  I wish to share my flows with that individual, but it doesn't seem right that the Flow then gets categorized as if its:  His + shared with me.

As a way of analogy, if I am using Google Sheets and I create my own Sheet...and then Share it with someone, it doesn't disappear from my own Sheets listing and move to "Shared With Me"--that would make no sense, and neither does this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@isaac1 

The behavior that you describe is "as designed". 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@isaac1 

The behavior that you describe is "as designed". 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
isaac1
Helper II
Helper II

Ok Scott, thanks for confirming!  That's goofy stuff.  🙂

George2022
Regular Visitor

I don't think that this is resolved! Try to remove the shared user and my flow does not show up my flow (even no one share with it). It is a simple defect. Just fix it rather than arrogantly say this is "designed"

jeff4

I shared a flow for some testing and the flow moved to the "Shared with me" tab (by design I guess). However, as mentioned by someone else, when I remove the person I shared the flow with so it is not shared with anyone else, it remains in the shared with me tab. This can lead to confusion and I believe users would benefit if the flow were not shared with anyone that it would be moved back into the Cloud flows tab, a label I also find misleading or confusing. The more I look at the categories the more confusing it appears.

When you look at a list of flows there's Name, Modified, and Type. Couldn't there be a Sharing status attribute there and then the Cloud Flows and Shared with me tabs could be combined into Cloud flows?  

rrudziejewski

To get the flow back to My Flows just make a copy so wou will see it at My Flows again. 

The flow which incorrectly remains under Shared Flows just turn off. 

Hope it helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (6,114)