cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniiies12
Frequent Visitor

Shorten URL and Send Email

Hello!

Guys, is there a way to shorten an URL in "send email v2"?

I've tried the html (<a href="Link">Click Here to View Item</a>) but it gives me the image below

Daniiies12_0-1657041239657.png

I just want to run away from tha big and horrible url from sharepoint list. Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Could you show your flow?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
Daniiies12
Frequent Visitor

Of Course!

This is the email I'm getting with the horrible URL from the flow I've created:

Daniiies12_0-1657045131916.png

This is the send email flow:

(The replace function is just for the URL to open directly in the edit mode.)

Daniiies12_1-1657045202502.png

Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi @Daniiies12 , 

Is it an option to make a "Click Here" so that the URL is hidden and they click to go to it? That is the common approach (see here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Shorten-SharePoint-URL-link/td-p/479508 ) 

Or, if a shortened URL is what you really want, you can use Bitly. https://powerautomate.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/details/shared_bitly/bitly/ - it's free, you can connect it easily through a few different ways. I just tried it out for the first time, and bitlinked the post from earlier: 

Rhiassuring_0-1657061456872.png

Hello Rhiassuring! 

Yes! My intention is to have the "click here" link. But as a said before, I've tried the html approach mentioned in the first link you suggested, but it didn't work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,734)