cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shortening output of Dynamic content

Hi all, I have a Microsoft Flow setup where it's using the RSS to SharePoint List template.

Here is the flow that I have setup:

8.png

This is the problem that I'm having, the "Feed summary" trigger is grabbing a long description and it is erroring out when trying to create a SharePoint list item due to the maximum character count in the SharePoint list.

Is there a way that I can shorten "Feed summary" to a certain amount of characters? Thanks all!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, you could use functions to return a certain amount of characters. For example, you could use function substring to return characters form a string.

Please details please check the doc at here:

Workflow definition language

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,  @Anonymous!

Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yamao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,635)