cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samwu
Level: Power Up

Simple Flow: 400 Error not sure what's causing this bug. Please help!

Hi,

So I have a flow setup when I recieve a message from Outlook in a specfic inbox with a subject beginning with a specific word it will trigger the flow and get added to the SP list. The setup is faily simple, any help to remediate this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Error Receiving: 

{
"status": 400,
"message": "Invalid text value.\n\nA text field contains invalid data. Please check the value and try again.\r\nclientRequestId: b0bd4282-35b7-41eb-8ae3-316db4e59200\r\nserviceRequestId: 3081d49e-d0f4-8000-5df5-e15a084da723"
}

Screenshot of Flow setup:

flow.JPG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Simple Flow: 400 Error not sure what's causing this bug. Please help!

This error is usually from when you're trying to add the wrong content type to a SharePoint List column. The easiest way aorund this is to probably change all of the List columns to "multi-line text," but from your screenshot the issue is probably either the BodyPreview or CC columns. 

So, I'd verify that your column content types are set appropriately - you probably have a multi-line text item assigned to a Single Line of Text column.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

This error is usually from when you're trying to add the wrong content type to a SharePoint List column. The easiest way aorund this is to probably change all of the List columns to "multi-line text," but from your screenshot the issue is probably either the BodyPreview or CC columns. 

So, I'd verify that your column content types are set appropriately - you probably have a multi-line text item assigned to a Single Line of Text column.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @samwu ,

What are the column types included in the list?

I have made tests by setting the column type of BodyPreview to both Multiple lines of text and single line of text, and both are working successfully.

By the way, I assume CC column is of type single line of text.

To narrow down the issue, please check the column types and try again with it.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
samwu

Hi Mabel,

Thanks for your help, I was able to make the columns in the library all set at "Multi-line" text. So far the flow has been working fine once I did that.

samwu

Thanks Brad,

I was able to make all the columns to Multi-line. And so far the flows have been working fine. Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,717)