cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Simple way to get specific rows with Get Rows with Excel connector

This is a separate question I have regarding my expense report app. A PA button kicks off the Patch function to an excel spreadsheet and sends info to an excel spreadsheet saved in OneDrive:
Name
Amount
Expense Date
Exp Category
And a few more

My flow then connects to a "Select" operation with data operation and then a "create HTML table" in data operation so that all of the user's rows are collected into a single email. The last connection is the email itself, which uses "output" from the previous step and sends the info in a table as an email.

My question:

How to set a condition in the "get rows" excel step so that it only extracts the specific rows the user submitted. I've seen some chatter about using powerappsid, but there is nothing simple in the community that explains how to do that. This would make sense to use that since it's a unique identifier, but how do I get the powersappid which excel auto generates into my flow? Otherwise, the gets rows is just extracted all of the rows and it's a mixture of several users' expense data.

Please, could someone provide a solution and simple explanation and include screenshots? I'm still a novice user, so no complex tech-talk, please. 🙂

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Can someone help please with this?

Can Audrie Gordon help?  I know she's always wanting to help people.  I watch her youtube videos. But, really, it doesn't have to be her. Anybody who wants to explain.  Please.

I've now run into a separate issue with this same app with my flow not working from PA.  I keep getting "invalid number of arguments", and I have looked in the community for answers, but it is now fitting my problem.

Highlighted

Hi @valuehr,

Would you please share a screenshot of your Flow configuration?

It is available to get the Excel PowerApps ID in Microsoft Flow, but it is not possible to work with the Row ID in PowerApps.

If you would like to work with the same record submitted in PowerApps, you can add a flow after the patch function, once the record has been successfully created, send the related information to Microsoft Flow.

Start a flow in an App

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Here is a pic of my flowflow pic.PNG

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am still having a similar issue, were you able to solve the problem?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (13,108)