Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Skip parallel branch, Skip Approvals

Hi Team,

We have requirement where we need to send approval emails.

1. Email must include html content and approver should be able to approve from mail body itself (HTML cant be achieved with markdown in approvals so - "Email with Options" satisfy this need)

2. There should UI/App where approver can see his all approve request at one place (Only FLOW app satisfy this need) 

So to satisfy both above needs we have used both above actions as parallel branch.

Now the problem is that approver needs to approve from both location i.e. outlook email as well as from flow approval as those two are separate approve actions. 

So question is "Is there any way to skip the parallel branch? If one branch is finished, I dont want other to be executed - it should skip and go to next step"

How to skip one of the parallel branch if other is executed?How to skip one of the parallel branch if other is executed?

Let me know if some one have any suggestion.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Skip parallel branch, Skip Approvals

Hi @sarveshshinde15 ,

It seems you would like add some options in the approval email body.

I suggest you select the Approval type as 'Custom Responses' , you can add the 'Response options' in the Approval email body.

So you don't need the parallel branch any more.

Capture2.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Re: Skip parallel branch, Skip Approvals

Hi @v-zhos-msft 

Its not about options. Its about showing HTML content in mail body. Thats not supported in Flow Approval actions. Markdown format is there but its limited formatting.

Below are the requirements which I am looking for - let me know how can I achieve it

1. Email must include html content and approver should be able to approve from mail body itself (HTML cant be achieved with markdown in approvals so - "Email with Options" satisfy this need)

2. There should UI/App where approver can see his all approve request at one place (Only FLOW app satisfy this need) 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (5,498)