Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClintRB
Helper I
Helper I

Solution To Sorting A Table Within A Flow

Hi All,

I had been searching for a way to sort a table within a flow.

One solution (if you are using excel online) is to use the script function within excel and then add in a Run Script step in your flow.  One thing I did have to do was add in a delay after the script runs otherwise the next step was too quick and had taken the data before it was sorted.  See below.  Creating the script was easy, same as recording a macro.

Sorted.jpg

Cherers

Clint

4 REPLIES 4
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@ClintRB There is no way connector or supported method for sorting table in excel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@jinivthakkar , yes there is if you are using excel online.  I have a table that has lines added to it, then the flow calls the script to run which sorts one of the columns alphabetically then the table is pulled into an email. Works great, maybe you should try it.OverDue Flow.jpg

jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@ClintRB thats great, sure. I am not sure what is the script part. Please can you share more details of your script ?

@jinivthakkar  VBA doesn't work with excel online so I guess they have introduced the script feature to get similar control. The script info is under the "Automate" tab".  I am not proficient with writing code but the script function can be used the same way recording a macro is in desktop excel.  For the script I just recorded the steps of filtering the table.  

Screenshot 2021-01-25 151001.jpg

Cheers,

Clint

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,535)