Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClintRB
Helper I
Helper I

Solution To Sorting A Table Within A Flow

Hi All,

I had been searching for a way to sort a table within a flow.

One solution (if you are using excel online) is to use the script function within excel and then add in a Run Script step in your flow.  One thing I did have to do was add in a delay after the script runs otherwise the next step was too quick and had taken the data before it was sorted.  See below.  Creating the script was easy, same as recording a macro.

Sorted.jpg

Cherers

Clint

4 REPLIES 4
jinivthakkar
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@ClintRB There is no way connector or supported method for sorting table in excel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@jinivthakkar , yes there is if you are using excel online.  I have a table that has lines added to it, then the flow calls the script to run which sorts one of the columns alphabetically then the table is pulled into an email. Works great, maybe you should try it.OverDue Flow.jpg

jinivthakkar
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@ClintRB thats great, sure. I am not sure what is the script part. Please can you share more details of your script ?

@jinivthakkar  VBA doesn't work with excel online so I guess they have introduced the script feature to get similar control. The script info is under the "Automate" tab".  I am not proficient with writing code but the script function can be used the same way recording a macro is in desktop excel.  For the script I just recorded the steps of filtering the table.  

Screenshot 2021-01-25 151001.jpg

Cheers,

Clint

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (95,137)