cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lalitmishra1988
Frequent Visitor

Some triggers and actions are shown as Premium now

There were some standard triggers and actions like 'When a HTTP request is received', 'Response', 'HTTP' etc. which are now showing as Premium.  I have gone through the latest documentation on Licencing effective from 1st Oct 2019. But, not sure which one is better to opt for or should I go for it...

I have 'Flow for Office 365' subscription and I have been using these types of triggers and action in almost every flows since 2018. Do I need to purchase 'per user' plan to continue with these connectors and what will happen to all my flows that are using it already?

Please help me out here to understand this change and how can we plan? is there anyone with the same scenario?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @lalitmishra1988 ,

Please check this blog and get more details about Updates to Microsoft Flow and PowerApps for Office 365:

UPDATED-Updates-to-Microsoft-Flow-and-PowerApps-for-Office-365

There is a mention in the blog: "capabilities will only be available with PowerApps and Flow Plan 1 and Plan 2--HTTP custom actions integrated into Flow outside SharePoint and OneDrive".

According to my understanding, the HTTP action should be still available to use, but if those HTTP actions have not been used with the source outside of SharePoint and OneDrive before, then it should be not available to use it with that purpose.

The restriction here should be mostly focused on the data and the corresponding API access.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hey @lalitmishra1988 

Yes you are right. The Flow plan for SP and OneDrive is included with the O365 (or the M365) plans. To use the premium connectors you need to enroll for the per user/ per flow plan. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

9 REPLIES 9
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @lalitmishra1988 

The HTTP trigger and Action have always been a premium one. You can refer to this documentationbelow to better undersatnd the license changes: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=2085130&clcid=0x409%20 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thanks for sharing the link. As far as I know, the HTTP connectors were made premium ones after June 2019. Because I have been using those since early 2018 and those were standard ones. 

They were made premium earlier in the year and there is some grace period for existing flows.

Hi @lalitmishra1988 ,

Please check this blog and get more details about Updates to Microsoft Flow and PowerApps for Office 365:

UPDATED-Updates-to-Microsoft-Flow-and-PowerApps-for-Office-365

There is a mention in the blog: "capabilities will only be available with PowerApps and Flow Plan 1 and Plan 2--HTTP custom actions integrated into Flow outside SharePoint and OneDrive".

According to my understanding, the HTTP action should be still available to use, but if those HTTP actions have not been used with the source outside of SharePoint and OneDrive before, then it should be not available to use it with that purpose.

The restriction here should be mostly focused on the data and the corresponding API access.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the clarification...but licencing has been changed after 1ST Oct 2019. And, HTTP actions which were targeted outside of SP and one drive need to be run under a per-user or per-flow plan now.

Please confirm if this is right...will mark this as a solution after your confirmation.

Hey @lalitmishra1988 

Yes you are right. The Flow plan for SP and OneDrive is included with the O365 (or the M365) plans. To use the premium connectors you need to enroll for the per user/ per flow plan. 

Hope this Helps!

I still have a confussion after reading UPDATED - Updates to Microsoft Flow and PowerApps for Office 365. Checking my enterprise licensing out, I found that at the subscriptions section in portal.office.com appears: "Enterprise Mobility + Security E3", "Office 365 E3" and "Microsoft Flow Free". In the other hand the company started to make flows at the middle of this year. Four flows are triggered via HTTP actions (premium at the time) and consume external public API's. So my questions:

1. Theorically I could not use premium actions, but platform allowed it. How so?

2. Premium actions are not searchable in the "Create an automated flow" step. It sounds concordant to the former Office retirement blog.

3. However, clicking "Omit" in "Create an automated flow" step and going directly to the flow designer, premium actions are fully searchable and usable. Is this a bug or a normal behaviour?

So, do we have the free plan or a per user plan was activated automatically and sooner or later this will be charged ($15 per user/mo)? My guess is that somehow our license is within the grace period (Jan 31st, 2020).

Thanks

Yes, you are right. We are still under the grace period until 31st Jan 2010.

For points 2 & 3 - This behavior has existed since the inception (as per my knowledge) of new flow UI change and I think MS did it intentionally.

We can now see 'per user' plan mentioned in our flows but not sure enough if MS has already moved to this plan automatically. if this is so then it will be a huge impact at the organisation level. But, I think this is not a case...we have time till 31st Jan 2020 to figure out-licensing of flow per Org need.

Thank you and I agree with you. Nevertheless we will try to find out how premium connectors became available on july when our very first flows where made and, according to the license changes, those connectors since february are not included in the Flow Free plan.

What I've just found is that there is an active Microsoft PowerApps Plan 2 Trial license assigned to a single user that includes the following :

Common Data Service
Flow Free
Flow P2 Viral
PowerApps Trial

Maybe the undocumented "Flow P2 Viral" did the magic.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Users online (1,571)