cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Standard connectors vs. Premium connectors - who decides?

Flow connectors come in three flavours:

1. Standard - available to everyone across all three Plans - Free, P1 and P2
  2. Premium - not available in the Free Plan - only in P1 and P2
  3. Custom - DIY - available in your own tenant

My question is - who decides whether a connector is classified as Standard or Premium?  Microsoft or the connector Vendor?  A great example of this is the classification of Adobe Sign and DocuSign connectors.  Adobe Sign is a standard connector so everyone of our E3 users can access it.  However DocuSign is a Premium connector so is not available to our E3 users unless we upgrade them to Flow P1 for an extra £4/user/month.

Given these two apps are virtually identical, why is DocuSign a Premium connector?  Or conversely, why is Adobe Sign a Standard connector?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Re: Standard connectors vs. Premium connectors - who decides?

It’s a good thought, I haven’t thought about it before.
But in my understanding, Microsoft has decided which connectors are Standard or Premium.
Premiun may not only be different in the apps, it may provide more advanced service content, such as the proprietary capacity of some services, and thus the performance will be improved compared to Standard.
Or custom performance is more extensive and more flexible. After all, they use better resources.
This is my understanding, because almost Power BI also has the distinction of Premium. I think it should be almost the same.

Regards.
Highlighted

Re: Standard connectors vs. Premium connectors - who decides?

I can't speak to why Microsoft decides what is Premium vs. Standard, but Adobe has a very close partnership that's closer than DocuSign's, which plays probably a factor into their decisions:

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,189)