cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MrNigel
Level 8

Standard connectors vs. Premium connectors - who decides?

Flow connectors come in three flavours:

1. Standard - available to everyone across all three Plans - Free, P1 and P2
  2. Premium - not available in the Free Plan - only in P1 and P2
  3. Custom - DIY - available in your own tenant

My question is - who decides whether a connector is classified as Standard or Premium?  Microsoft or the connector Vendor?  A great example of this is the classification of Adobe Sign and DocuSign connectors.  Adobe Sign is a standard connector so everyone of our E3 users can access it.  However DocuSign is a Premium connector so is not available to our E3 users unless we upgrade them to Flow P1 for an extra £4/user/month.

Given these two apps are virtually identical, why is DocuSign a Premium connector?  Or conversely, why is Adobe Sign a Standard connector?

2 REPLIES 2
tfhegdbn
Level: Powered On

Re: Standard connectors vs. Premium connectors - who decides?

It’s a good thought, I haven’t thought about it before.
But in my understanding, Microsoft has decided which connectors are Standard or Premium.
Premiun may not only be different in the apps, it may provide more advanced service content, such as the proprietary capacity of some services, and thus the performance will be improved compared to Standard.
Or custom performance is more extensive and more flexible. After all, they use better resources.
This is my understanding, because almost Power BI also has the distinction of Premium. I think it should be almost the same.

Regards.
vanderben
Level: Power Up

Re: Standard connectors vs. Premium connectors - who decides?

I can't speak to why Microsoft decides what is Premium vs. Standard, but Adobe has a very close partnership that's closer than DocuSign's, which plays probably a factor into their decisions:

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,709)