cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Start Approval emails not showing line breaks

@v-yamao-msft and team.. this issue does not appear to be fixed.  Please unmark this as "solved".  It isn't until the fix is confirmed as live. Thank you!  

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have got the same issue. This is really really bad and frustrating that this has been there for such a long time and still not fixed. 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

If you use the Start and wait for an approval action the line breaks work in the approval email:

linebreakApprovals.png

The line breaks also work with the Create an approval action:

linebreaksCreateApproval.png

The Start an approval action has been removed and therefore won't be updated. So although it still appears in templates it is an old approval action and shouldn't be used. You can create a flow from blank without needing to use templates which do suffer from going out of date as actions get updated or replaced.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Rob. But that doesnt work if I put a single line break. I want something like below

Test line1

Test line2

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Anonymous I've just tested it again on the start and wait for an approval action and had to put in 2 line breaks which then ended up being how you had it when the email came in.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Yeah I've been having that issue for a while. This is not solved. Its been posted in 2018 and still today its not solved yet.

Please unmark it. We need a solution for this.

In microsoft flowIn microsoft flowEmail sent to approverEmail sent to approver

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The whole thing is pretty badly implemented in Outlook 365. It looks OK in the Flow App but its highly unlikely any of my approvers use that over Outlook. What IS working for me is using H3 headers (H1/H2 were just way too big).  Something like this:flow-markdown.png

Note that the end of each line contains no spaces. The above generates the following: flow-screnshot.png

Good enough for now I suppose but would be even better if it worked as described here.

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I've been using bullet lists a lot, those work also. I am still currently fighting microsoft with this, and it's hard for them to even grasp what the issue is, since it's specific to Outlook, but only when using a flow approval task. 

Highlighted

I too have this issue, has anyone determined solution or workaround?

Highlighted

Only work around I have found yet.

@Juice_Cooran Thank you very much! @WabtecMPK 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@Diego 

I tried your suggestion:

Flow 1.jpg

And this is the result:

Flow 2.jpg

I am getting the line breaks, but it's bolding the whole line.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (5,628)