cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
staceylaney
Advocate I
Advocate I

Start Approval with third option to "Edit/Resubmit"

Can we get "Start and Wait for an Approval" to have another option aside from just Approve or Reject - more specifically, something like "Edit and Resubmit"?  I know that I can use "Send an Email with Options" and get this, but it would be better if it were part of the actual approval step, because:

1. It's better when approval emails come from "Microsoft Flow" and not me (who has published the Flow - "Send email" steps show me as the sender)
  2. With actual approval steps, approvers can go into Flow Requests Received page to find items pending their approval instead of approving via email

Right now, with multiple levels of approvals, if a request hits a 3rd level approval (example) and that approver feels that the request needs to be tweaked to be approved further, the only option is to Reject it and force the requester to submit a new request thus starting the approval flow all over.  It would be nice to tweak a request and resubmit and have the workflow continue from that point on, if possible.

This may actually be a two-part request.  Please let me know if it's a duplicate, but I haven't seen another question/request like this in my search.

Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @staceylaney ,

Do you want to have an option "Edit/Resubmit" in the response option of the approval and the flow would tweak a request and resubmit and have the workflow continue?

The function is not supported in microsoft flow currently and I suggest that you could submit the idea to flow ideas forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @staceylaney ,

Do you want to have an option "Edit/Resubmit" in the response option of the approval and the flow would tweak a request and resubmit and have the workflow continue?

The function is not supported in microsoft flow currently and I suggest that you could submit the idea to flow ideas forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @staceylaney 

Currently the option to the re submit is not supported and you can check the ideas forum for that one. But here is a workaround that can be a potential solution for what you are looking to build:

At the third level approval, you can have three options: Approve, Reject, Tweak and Resubmit (choose a better name) and this will send three options to the Approver (use the approval with custom options for this)

And then you can add a switch control or condition to check if it was a Tweak and Resubmit and if so, give some delay so that the user can make the changes and then start another approval and if not, continue with the current flow logic. 

This restricts the tweak and resubmit part to one iteration only which means that the user will be allowed to make their changes once only. or else the approver will have to reject and start the entire process again. (Makes sense?)

And now, you can create child flows too. So maybe you can experiment with something over there too. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,228)