cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Start a flow without confirmation

I recently confronted myself with view formatting and column formatting and was wondering how to trigger a "yes/no" field with a button. Seems like this doesn't work (correct me if I'm wrong), but I figured I can start a flow by clicking on a button.

Since my newly created flow is just changing the "trigger" column to either "yes" or "no", I don't want the user to have to manually click on "run flow" each time he's clicking on the button. Is this achievable?image.png

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @leemex,

I am afraid that it is not possible currently to enable/disable the Run flow button based on a column value. If you need this feature, please submit your idea on Flow Ideas Forum, I will suggest other customers who have the same request to vote your idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

I dont want to run the flow when a specific column changed, but I'd like to run the flow when clicking on a button WITHOUT getting a confirmation which needs me to click again on "start flow".

Is this possible?
As I understand this confirmation only shows when the flow needs to gather information about the end user. Since I'm changing only a boolean field in the flow, I don't require any information from the user (I also tries running the flow as an admin)
Highlighted

Hi @leemex,

Thanks for clarification. But I am afraid that starting a flow without confirmation is not possible. I would suggest you submit your request on the Flow Ideas Forum as well.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Oh really? I thought as long as no information from the end user is being requested in the flow it will work without confirmation. 

See here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/column-formatting#create-a...

"If the Flow is configured to gather data from the end user before running, the Flow Launch Panel will be displayed after choosing the button. Otherwise, the Flow will just run."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (7,849)