cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

StoredProcedure Object - ResultSets.Table1 Object not Populating in Response Action Body

Hi All 

I am following this video on how to use a Stored Procedure via Flow in PowerApps.  It seems pretty straightforward.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/return-an-array-from-flow-to-powerapps-response-method/

I am using the Reponse Action to pass the json array back to Power Apps.  For some reason Flow is not creating a ResultSets.Table1 object that I can use in my Response action.   I only see a ResultSets object. 

Any suggestions on why I cannot get the ResultSets.Table1 object to populate?  I've tried several different things and it seems like Flow isn't fully turning  the Output from my Stored Procedure Action into objects that can be used in subsequent steps.  See below for what I am getting

flowDiscussionMessage.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Re: StoredProcedure Object - ResultSets.Table1 Object not Populating in Response Action Body

Hi @maphill 

Flow converts certain data types automatically, but to convert other data types, expressions are needed. If you look close in the GIF embedded in the article, @Mr-Dang-MSFT writes the expression as follows:

body('Execute_a_SQL_query').ResultSets.Table1

Did you try it that way? Also, did you copy the Table1 information from the SQL action output to generate the JSON schema? Please let me know.

Thank you,

Fausto Capellan, Jr
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: StoredProcedure Object - ResultSets.Table1 Object not Populating in Response Action Body

Hi @maphill ,

Following the suggestion of @faustocapellanj , you could use the expression provided by him to get Table1.

In addition, you could use Parse JSON action to parse Body of the previous action.

http://johnliu.net/blog/2018/6/a-thesis-on-the-parse-json-action-in-microsoft-flow

Please take a try.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @maphill 

Flow converts certain data types automatically, but to convert other data types, expressions are needed. If you look close in the GIF embedded in the article, @Mr-Dang-MSFT writes the expression as follows:

body('Execute_a_SQL_query').ResultSets.Table1

Did you try it that way? Also, did you copy the Table1 information from the SQL action output to generate the JSON schema? Please let me know.

Thank you,

Fausto Capellan, Jr
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @maphill ,

Following the suggestion of @faustocapellanj , you could use the expression provided by him to get Table1.

In addition, you could use Parse JSON action to parse Body of the previous action.

http://johnliu.net/blog/2018/6/a-thesis-on-the-parse-json-action-in-microsoft-flow

Please take a try.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,275)