cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregdickie

Strange Custom Connector Update Issue

Hello all, apologies if this isn't the correct place to post about Custom Connectors.

I have written a custom connector to wrap the web API for the application that my company has created.  I recently went to update the connector in our dev environment by uploading an updated OpenAPI file and received the following error:

The request failed with error: '
{
    "Code":"",
    "Message":"PUT https://power-apim-canada-001.management.azure-api.net/subscriptions/dd97bcd6-0574-40ea-8b17-eec364605a51/resourceGroups/apim-power-canada-001/providers/Microsoft.ApiManagement/service/power-apim-canada-001/apis/cosmos.20forms.5f20c43aa1189e0005.5f2c3313837e7254f6?import=true&protocols=https&protocols=http&path=apim/cosmos.20forms.5f20c43aa1189e0005.5f2c3313837e7254f6&api-version=2019-01-01 failed with BadRequest, 
    content=
    {
        \"error\":
        {
            \"code\":\"ValidationError\",
            \"message\":\"One or more fields contain incorrect values:\",
            \"details\":
            [
                {
                    \"code\":\"ValidationError\",
                    \"target\":\"aid\",
                    \"message\":\"Invalid identifier cosmos.20forms.5f20c43aa1189e0005.5f2c3313837e7254f6 specified.  Entity Identifier can contain only letters, numbers, and hyphens. The first and last character must be a letter or a number \"
                }
            ]
        }
    }",
    "Target":null,
    "Details":[],
    "Innererror":null
}'. 
The tracking Id is '71eec2da-0c24-4fbf-8ba2-2de6b2e521fd'.

I downloaded a copy of the connector after receiving the error and my changes were there.  I also created a new connector using the same OpenAPI file and that worked fine.

I've searched the web and couldn't find anything that referred to Entity identifier's and Power Automate or Flow.

Any thoughts on what the error might be referring to?

Thanks,

Greg

4 REPLIES 4
manuelstgomes
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @gregdickie 

I just stumbled on this request, but it's been a while that you submitted it. Were you able to fix it?
If so, how did you do it so that the community can benefit from your findings?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

AlexN
Advocate V
Advocate V

Ran into the same problem today.

I had something similar one time when a custom connector wasn't used for some time, it turned itself off. The issue I have now is also with a connector, that wasn't in use for a while.

Will investigate some more...

amitvirendra

Have you identified any solution for this? Getting same issue.

@gregdickie @AlexN @manuelstgomes 

AlexN
Advocate V
Advocate V

I ended up deleting the connector (after I copied the "code"), recreating it and updating the apps and flows to use the new one. It's done in a few minutes and can be done without breaking anything 8work depends a little on how many apps and flow you have using this connector).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (5,549)