cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McElroy15
Regular Visitor

Structurized Sharepoint field data forwarded in Outlook by Flow in a messy structure

Hello,

I have a SharePoint list, with a field, where we normally add a lot of lines, in a structured way, like this:

Offer1.JPG

Then we submit it and Microsoft Flow generates and sends an e-mail in Outlook to the added people with the above info included, but unfortunately,  in the email, it doesn't come in a structured way, but like this, which is not readable for the people getting it at all:

Offer2.JPG

Is there a possibility to set the Flow up in a way, that it forwards the field data in the same, structured way, like it was filled out in the SharePoint list?

Thanks

Peter

2 REPLIES 2
manuelstgomes
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @McElroy15 

To be able to do that you need to add an additional line separation.

Something like this:

Line.

Second line.

Since the email uses markdown to format either:

1. You convert the value before sending it (using a replace for example)
  2. You save the data already formatted to send in the email.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

manuelstgomes
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @McElroy15 

I just noticed something in Microsoft's documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/approvals-markdown-support

Markdown support among clients is inconsistent. The Power Automate team works to address these inconsistencies, however, inconsistencies remain. The following table lays out the known limitations among the supported clients.

The forced line breaks have different behavior on Outlook Desktop (works with the solution I mentioned above), but on others, it doesn't.

The solution for the other clients is:

"Make your text easier to read by breaking it up with paragraphs or line breaks. Enter two spaces prior to the line break to force most clients to start a new line."

I know inconsistencies are hard to deal with, but we cannot escape as per the documentation.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers

Manuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,079)