cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kimberlymecham

SubmissionTime no longer present

I am creating my first Flow using Templates for Track Microsoft Forms responses in an Excel Online (Business) spreadsheet.   I need the date and time of when the user submitted the form.

What I observed: 

1. If I download the Form into excel, there are two fields "Start time" and "Completion time".  Neither of those fields appears to be available in the list of Dynamic content when I create my flow.
  2. Submission Time is available in Dynamic content, but when I add that field, I get a message "'item/SubmissionTime' is no longer present in the operation schema. It should be removed before the workflow is re-saved.

example of submissiontime error.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
JohnAageAnderse
Super User
Super User

Hello @kimberlymecham 

Is that actually an error relating to the dynamic field? I have seen a similar error when a column in the list I am adding to has been removed. Check your Excel file, does the table have the missing column?

Kind regards, John

View solution in original post

manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @kimberlymecham 

Usually, that error occurs when you fetch the structure of the Excel and then remove a field. Power Automate keeps a reference of the "old" column, but since it's not present anymore and has an object associated with it, it keeps it but warns that that column doesn't exist anymore. So if you have a "item/...", it means that you removed it and should remove any insertion in that field since it will fail.

Makes sense?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

3 REPLIES 3
JohnAageAnderse
Super User
Super User

Hello @kimberlymecham 

Is that actually an error relating to the dynamic field? I have seen a similar error when a column in the list I am adding to has been removed. Check your Excel file, does the table have the missing column?

Kind regards, John

manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @kimberlymecham 

Usually, that error occurs when you fetch the structure of the Excel and then remove a field. Power Automate keeps a reference of the "old" column, but since it's not present anymore and has an object associated with it, it keeps it but warns that that column doesn't exist anymore. So if you have a "item/...", it means that you removed it and should remove any insertion in that field since it will fail.

Makes sense?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Thank you for the responses.  I figured out that even though it was Power Automate who put that Submission field in there for me to fill in, it didn't like it.  I eventually used another field in the spreadsheet and filled it in with the dynamic offering of SubmissionTime (a field that doesn't come through when you download the data from the form) and it worked fine.  It was kind of an accidental find.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (34,587)