cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Frequent Visitor

Switch function is removing conditions

Hello everbody,

 

I have a question about a problem that occurred recently. I have a switch function which should check the location of the respective SharePoint item.

 

The problem here is that the condition (in the red box of the screenshot) disappears / is removed the next time I edit the flow. Beside that it works perfectly in this configuration, there is only this annoying problem when editing.

 

Switch Problem.png

 

Maybe you know how to fix this? Or is this a known bug? Unfortunately I didn't find anything useful on the internet.

 

Many thanks in advance

 

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ScottShearer 

 

I've found a workaround in this forum.

 

The problem is caused by the language setting. Since I am a German user, the option connectors are automatically named so that a special character is included (it is named "Groß-/Kleinbuchstaben"). It seems that special characters and umlauts (ä, ö, ü, ß) cause the problem.

 

To fix this, the connector simply needs to be renamed and should not contain any spaces.

 

Here is the forum entry where I found the workaround:

 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/saving-problems-in-Switch-Case-Option/m-p/480174

 

Apparently a ticket already exists, because this is obviously a bug.

 

Many greetings,

TEC_DST

 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

@TEC_DST 

I have tested and am unable to reproduce your issue.  Do you see this behavior in other Flows as well or just in this Flow?

 

 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

@ScottShearer 

I forgot to mention that the problem does not occur immediately, but after a few hours, after the flow has also been performed. The issue occurs in all flows that include a switch function.

 

I will now test this with a different browser, maybe it is caused by the Chrome browser.

@ScottShearer 

 

I've found a workaround in this forum.

 

The problem is caused by the language setting. Since I am a German user, the option connectors are automatically named so that a special character is included (it is named "Groß-/Kleinbuchstaben"). It seems that special characters and umlauts (ä, ö, ü, ß) cause the problem.

 

To fix this, the connector simply needs to be renamed and should not contain any spaces.

 

Here is the forum entry where I found the workaround:

 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/saving-problems-in-Switch-Case-Option/m-p/480174

 

Apparently a ticket already exists, because this is obviously a bug.

 

Many greetings,

TEC_DST

 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (4,403)