cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Sync a SP Document Library with other Doc Lib in other SP Sites

Hello, I'm trying to make one flow (at the moment I'm using 2 flows, one for create and edit, and a second one for delete) that does this :

1 - When a file is created in a SP Document Library, the flow copies it in another SP Doc Lib into other SP Sites.

2 -  When the new file gets modified, it must be updated on the other sites too.

3 - When it gets deleted, it must be deleted on the other sites too.

Now :

1 - If I upload the file on the Main SP Site from the web interface, the flow gets triggered and does its job,

but when I put a file into the respective OneDrive synced folder on my computer,

the file is uploaded on SP, but the flow does not get triggered until I upload another file on SP from the web interface,

maybe this is a problem of permissions ?

2 - When the file gets modified, it gets updated on the other sites too,

but when I rename it, the flow creates a new file on the other sites, instead of renaming the same file.

3 - About the delete, it works.

Here are the screenshots of my flow for when a file is created and modified,

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Sync a SP Document Library with other Doc Lib in other SP Sites

@ProNewbie 

Renaming the file in a document library always create a new file as the flow could not find the same file name in other locations. It is a limitation. 

Workaround:

Create a SharePoint list with columns New File Name, Old File Name. Once the user enter the information, trigger a flow to Copy the file with new name and delete the file with old name.

I know its really weird.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If my reply helped you solving the issue, please mark the reply as Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@ProNewbie 

Renaming the file in a document library always create a new file as the flow could not find the same file name in other locations. It is a limitation. 

Workaround:

Create a SharePoint list with columns New File Name, Old File Name. Once the user enter the information, trigger a flow to Copy the file with new name and delete the file with old name.

I know its really weird.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If my reply helped you solving the issue, please mark the reply as Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

@rsaikrishna  thanks I'll try it !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (7,076)