cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ProNewbie
Advocate II
Advocate II

Sync a SP Document Library with other Doc Lib in other SP Sites

Hello, I'm trying to make one flow (at the moment I'm using 2 flows, one for create and edit, and a second one for delete) that does this :

1 - When a file is created in a SP Document Library, the flow copies it in another SP Doc Lib into other SP Sites.

2 -  When the new file gets modified, it must be updated on the other sites too.

3 - When it gets deleted, it must be deleted on the other sites too.

Now :

1 - If I upload the file on the Main SP Site from the web interface, the flow gets triggered and does its job,

but when I put a file into the respective OneDrive synced folder on my computer,

the file is uploaded on SP, but the flow does not get triggered until I upload another file on SP from the web interface,

maybe this is a problem of permissions ?

2 - When the file gets modified, it gets updated on the other sites too,

but when I rename it, the flow creates a new file on the other sites, instead of renaming the same file.

3 - About the delete, it works.

Here are the screenshots of my flow for when a file is created and modified,

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rsaikrishna
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@ProNewbie 

Renaming the file in a document library always create a new file as the flow could not find the same file name in other locations. It is a limitation. 

Workaround:

Create a SharePoint list with columns New File Name, Old File Name. Once the user enter the information, trigger a flow to Copy the file with new name and delete the file with old name.

I know its really weird.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If my reply helped you solving the issue, please mark the reply as Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rsaikrishna
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@ProNewbie 

Renaming the file in a document library always create a new file as the flow could not find the same file name in other locations. It is a limitation. 

Workaround:

Create a SharePoint list with columns New File Name, Old File Name. Once the user enter the information, trigger a flow to Copy the file with new name and delete the file with old name.

I know its really weird.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If my reply helped you solving the issue, please mark the reply as Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

@rsaikrishna  thanks I'll try it !

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,999)