cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Sync common folders and files by power automate

Hi Everyone

I am new to Power Automate and Sharepoint. In my company there are sales, admin, and purchase departments. I made three different sharepoint groups in the name of these departments. These all departments have folders and files which are synced in Sharepoint in their respective groups. There are few common folders which are shared in all departments. The common folder is a nested folder which have folders and files in it. If any of the department add, delete or modify files or folders in common folder, it has to be automatically synced between all of the department and common folder should be updated. Can this be done by power automate? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Sync common folders and files by power automate

Hi @bimalbh 

Have a look at this post about how to iterate folders and contents. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/How-to-apply-a-flow-to-each-folder/td-p/477176

Note: If you have folders within sub-folders (more than one) it's going to be tricky. Try to keep to one level so that you can iterate the files from each sub-folders. 

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Sync common folders and files by power automate

Hi abm

I want to share some screenshot of my sharepoint folders which makes it more clear. In both Admin and Sales, there is common folder "Product Spec Sheet". Any department if add, modify or delete file/files in that common folder has to be synced and updated for both departments. Hope I succeed to make you more clear.

AdminAdminSalesSales

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (7,479)