Did you mean: 
Socrates
Frequent Visitor

Teams Flow Bot

The Flow chat bot in Microsoft Teams says:

I can run any flow that’s:

• triggered on a schedule

• manually triggered with no inputs

However, whilst it will list all my Flows that meet the first criteria, it won't list any that meet the second. What should be/not be in a manually triggered Flow in order for it to appear in the list?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok - progress!

It seems that it does not like the Dynamic Content for Manually Trigger a Flow to be used in the Flow anywhere - I was using 'User Name', 'User Email' and 'Timestamp'

I replaced timestamp with the current time Dynamic Content from the Current Time action.

Frustratingly, I tried to use 'Mail' from the Office 365 Users actions isntead of User Email, but this is not liked either.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Socrates 

Can you check if the flow that is being manually triggered is owned only by you? Note that if you share that flow with another user as a co owner, it will not appear in the list flows action on the flow bot in teams. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hello!

It's definitely only being ran by me - I'm the only owner etc.

Trigger and first action for ref:

Annotation 2020-03-16 155554.png

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Socrates 

Have you run the flow ever? if not, can you try running it once and then check in flow bot teams?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

@yashag2255 

I have indeed run the flow; both from outside Teams, and again using the Flow tab inside the Flow bot Teams window.

I have also created a duplicate Flow from inside the Flow tab too - again, no luck.

thank you

I have also just created a simple Flow which was a Manual Trigger and to Send an Email - this worked and appeared on the list.

I amended the action from Send an Email to Create a File (in SharePoint) and the Flow no longer appeared on the list.

Seems it's something to do with SharePoint and what those actions entail?

Ok - progress!

It seems that it does not like the Dynamic Content for Manually Trigger a Flow to be used in the Flow anywhere - I was using 'User Name', 'User Email' and 'Timestamp'

I replaced timestamp with the current time Dynamic Content from the Current Time action.

Frustratingly, I tried to use 'Mail' from the Office 365 Users actions isntead of User Email, but this is not liked either.

View solution in original post

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Socrates 

I tried a combination of a couple actions and the moment the first run was successful, it appeared on the flow bot too. 

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (82,927)